THE TWO-WHEEL TRACTOR HANDBOOK
Author: Zach Loeks
Small but mighty – a comprehensive guide to the use of two-wheel tractors for gardeners, homesteaders, landscapers, and farmers.
More affordable than four-wheel tractors and infinitely more versatile than single-purpose power equipment such as rototillers, two-wheel tractors are an ideal solution for an astonishing array of garden, landscaping, and agricultural applications.
Two-wheel tractors are multifunctional, economical, practical, maneuverable, portable, and low-impact. Yet choosing the equipment is only half of it. The other half is integrating the right machine and implements into your land-based enterprise and coupling it with innovative high-efficiency techniques. Coverage includes:
- Why you need a two-wheel tractor
- Two-wheel tractor essentials, including tractor implement options and functions
- Equipment decision-making to suit your scale, context, enterprises, and budget
- Safety equipment, operation, and basic maintenance
- Innovative use strategies, including micro-plowing, making permabeds, in situ mulching, compost-a-path design, crop guilds, scaling up, and diversified crop management
- How to start from scratch, clear new land, scale up your enterprises, and more
- Case studies and rich examples from suburban landscaping to commercial market gardens from Europe to North America.
- "Pro-tips" and sidebars for rapidly elevating your skills.
The Two-Wheel Tractor Handbook shows small-scale growers how to leverage walk-behind tractors to maximize the productivity and profitability of their enterprises. This full-color, highly illustrated guide is a must-have tool for urban farmers, suburban gardeners, rural homesteaders, orchardists, landscapers, and market gardeners looking to boost production.