THE SUBURBAN MICRO-FARM
Author: Amy Stross
Reduce your lawn and your grocery budget. Take gardening to the next level! Would you like to grow healthy food for your table? Do you want to learn the secrets of farming even though you live in a neighborhood? Author Amy Stross talks straight about why the suburbs might be the ideal place for a small farm.
In these pages, you'll learn:
- How to make your landscape as productive as it is beautiful
- Why are the suburbs primed with food-growing potential
- How to choose the best crops for success
- Why you don’t need the perfect yard to have a micro-farm
- How to use easy permaculture techniques for abundant harvests
This book is for you if you’re ready to create a beautiful, edible yard.
The Suburban Micro-Farm will show you how to grow your fruits, herbs, and vegetables even on a limited schedule. From seed to harvest, this book will keep you on track, so you feel a sense of accomplishment for your efforts.
You’ll learn gardening tricks that are essential to success, like how to deal with a "brown thumb," how to develop and nurture healthy soil, and how to manage garden pests.
Although this book has everything a new gardener needs to get started, experienced gardeners will not be disappointed. You will love the in-depth chapters about permaculture and making money on the micro-farm with helpful tips.