THE HEALING GARDEN: CULTIVATING AND HANDCRAFTING HERBAL REMEDIES
Author: Juliet Blankespoor
A comprehensive and lushly photographed guide to growing and using healing plants, including recipes, from the founder of the Chestnut School of Herbal Medicine.
This is the ultimate reference for anyone looking to bring the beauty and therapeutic properties of plants into their garden, kitchen, and home apothecary.
Both informative and accessible, it covers:
- How to plan your garden (including container gardening for small spaces)
- Essential information on seed propagation, soil quality, and holistic gardening practices
- 30 detailed profiles of must-know plants (including growing information, medicinal properties, and how to use them)
- Foundational principles of herbalism
- Step-by-step photographic tutorials for preparing botanical medicine and healing foods
- 70 recipes for teas, tinctures, oils, salves, syrups,
- and much more!
Packed with sumptuous photography, this book will appeal to home gardeners who want to branch out to culinary and medicinal herbs, home cooks who are interested in natural wellness, and novice and skillful herbalists.
This item will be a gift, but when I looked it over, I think it will be much used and appreciated.
I’ve already made some of the products listed. Absolutely love the book and all the detail.
This is truly a beautiful and informative book. Each page is chock-full of information and incredible photographs. I will enjoy reading this and expanding my knowledge on medicinal herbs.