THE ESSENTIAL SKILLS OF WILDERNESS SURVIVAL
Author: Jason Knight
Wondering how to stay alive and safe in the outdoors?
The Essential Skills of Wilderness Survival is a systematic approach to wilderness survival designed to increase your confidence in the outdoors and teach you exactly what to do and in what order if you find yourself in a survival situation.
You will learn how to:
- build shelter from natural materials that keep you warm and protected from the elements
- find water and purify it with or without equipment
- start campfires, even in the pouring rain, without matches or lighters
- recognize staple wild foods
- navigate with and without the aid of a map and compass
- create the right type of survival kit to be prepared for almost any emergency
The techniques presented in The Essential Skills of Wilderness Survival will help you see the wilderness as a community of allies ready to supply you with survival needs—from wood for a fire-starting kit to wild edible plants to sustain you. You’ll enjoy the freedom of exploring remote areas and become a valuable resource for others.