THE ECOLOGICAL GARDENER
Author: Matt Rees-Warren
Design a garden for the future—because what we grow matters.
“Matt Rees-Warren explains why every square inch of Earth, including our gardens, has ecological significance… Excellent, timely, essential!” —Douglas W. Tallamy, author of Nature’s Best Hope
Transform your garden into a self-sustaining haven for nature and wildlife. Ecological garden designer Matt Rees-Warren shares inspirational design ideas and practical projects to help you create a garden that is both beautiful today and sustainable tomorrow.
The Ecological Gardener will give you the tools to create an abundant, healthy garden from the soil up—a garden that welcomes birds and bees and allows native planting and wildflowers to flourish, with minimal carbon impact or need for freshwater. This book can guide both novice and experienced gardeners alike in their journey to a more ecological approach, and is full of practical projects and information, including:
- Finding the right design for your space
- Creating a wildflower meadow
- Building rainwater catchments and other tips for water conservation
- Making compost from kitchen waste, leaf mold, compost tea, and more
- Creating space for wildlife such as hedgehogs, bees, and other pollinators
- Finding beauty in your garden during the winter
Matt will show you how to re-imagine how you garden, working with nature instead of controlling it, to create a space that promotes both wildlife and beauty.