THE COMPLETE DEHYDRATOR SET
This set includes:
- The Beginner's Guide to Dehydrating Food
- 4-Tray Food Dehydrator
The Beginner's Guide to Dehydrating Food
This essential companion for putting your food dehydrator to work features instructions and techniques for drying all the most popular fruits and vegetables, along with meat and herbs. Discover an easy and economical way to stock your pantry with apple rings, mango slices, banana chips, dried soup beans, tomatoes, and more.
You’ll learn to dry these fruits and vegetables at their peak for year-round enjoyment. Drying guidelines for specialty items like meat jerky, fruit leather, dried herb and spice mixtures, backpacking meals, and even baby food round out this friendly handbook. Whether you’re prepping for a camping or hunting trip, stocking your pantry, or saving the surplus from your garden, this is the only book you’ll need.
4-Tray Food Dehydrator
Skip the snack aisle at the grocery store and make healthy DIY treats with the Weston® 4-Tray Food Dehydrator. The powerful 500-watt base-mounted heater and quiet fan ensure constant airflow for consistent, even drying without having to rotate the trays. From homemade beef jerky to chewy fruit snacks and crispy kale chips, you can create a variety of delicious and healthy snacks without the extra sugar and other additives. Simply clean and slice your food of choice, apply seasoning if desired, arrange the pieces in the stackable drying trays, and adjust the temperature.
- Four stackable trays: The four stackable trays provide up to 3 square feet of drying space for making various all-natural foods and snacks with no added sugar or preservatives. Dry meat for jerky, fruit snacks, veggie chips, and other healthy foods at home.
- Adjustable temperature with 4 presets: Easily adjust the temperature from 100-160º F to dry any food. Presets include 100º F for herbs, 125º F for vegetables, 135º F for fruits, and 160º for jerky (meat). The red light illuminates when the power is on.
- Monitor drying progress: With the clear, vented lid on our dehydrator machine, you can quickly and easily check on snacks while drying without removing the lid and disrupting the temperature and airflow.
- BPA-free trays and lid: You can have peace of mind knowing you're preparing your food on BPA-free trays. The trays and lid are easy to clean in the sink.
Very well put together, have not used it, but, I am confident that it will do a very good job as to what I need it for.