REBUGGING THE PLANET
Author: Vicki Hird
Members save: $2.00 (11.1%)
Remember when there were bugs on your windshield? Ever wonder where they went? We need to act now if we are to help the insects survive. Robin Wall Kimmerer, David Attenborough, and Elizabeth Kolbert are but a few voices championing the rewilding of our world.
Rebugging the Planet explains how we are headed toward “insectageddon” with a rate of insect extinction eight times faster than mammals or birds and gives us crucial information to help all those essential creepy-crawlies flourish again.
Author Vicki Hird passionately demonstrates how insects and invertebrates are the cornerstones of our global ecosystem. They pollinate plants, feed birds, support and defend our food crops, and clean our water systems. According to Forbes, they are also beautiful, inventive, and economically invaluable—bees, for example, contribute an estimated $235 to $577 billion to the US economy annually.
Rebugging the Planet shows us small changes we can make to have a significant impact on our littlest allies:
- Learn how to rewild parks, schools, sidewalks, roadsides, and other green spaces.
- Leave your garden to grow wild and plant weedkiller-free, wildlife-friendly plants.
- Take your kids on a minibeast treasure hunt and learn how to build bug palaces.
- Make bug-friendly choices with your food and support good farming practices.
- Begin to understand how reducing inequality and poverty will help nature and wildlife, too—it’s all connected.
So do your part and start rebugging today! The bees, ants, earthworms, butterflies, beetles, grasshoppers, ladybugs, snails, and slugs will thank you—and our planet will thank you too.