RAW ENERGY IN A GLASS
Author: Stephanie Tourles
Best-selling author Stephanie Tourles offers more than 120 delicious, super-nutritious recipes for smoothies, shakes, green drinks, power shots, mocktails, longevity elixirs, and fermented beverages, all designed to boost your health and energy. All recipes can be 100% vegan, though honey is often offered as one of several sweetening choices.
There's even an original recipe for vegan yogurt, made with nut milks and probiotics. And no juicer is required: Tourles uses a high-powered kitchen blender to turn raw ingredients into satisfying drinks. From Green Grapefruit Refreshers and Ginger-Lime Mocktinis to Golden Antioxidant Fusion, Aloe and Pineapple Digestive Health Elixir, Pain-Away Chlorella Smoothies, and Sunbutter Banana Shakes, there's no shortage of nourishing, energizing, and irresistible choices.
Try out a yummy recipe from the book below!
Shot of Citrus Punch
This is the perfect winter beverage to enjoy when citrus fruits are at their most succulent. It's a tantalizingly fragrant, sweet-tart, pinkish-orange explosion of vitamin C! Great for breakfast or any time you need a shot of energy that's both powerful and tasty.
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 1 medium orange, tangerine, or tangelo
- 1 medium lime
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, raw agave nectar, or maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Cut the grapefruit, orange, lime, and lemon into halves and juice with a manual or electric juicer; strain out the seeds.
- Vigorously stir the honey and salt, if desired, into the juice until thoroughly blended.
- Serve immediately, complete with all of the fiber, as I do, or strain through a mesh strainer to yield a more clarified beverage. Mix with a splash of carbonated water to make a naturally yummy sparkling soda.
A good source of: antioxidants, vitamin C, folic acid, potassium, natural sugars, and fiber (if you don't strain it out)