PRACTICAL NO-TILL FARMING
Author: Andrew Mefferd
Do less, produce more, and grow soil that feeds crops using chemical-free, organic no-till methods.
Andrew Mefferd, veteran farmer, author of The Organic No-Till Farming Revolution, and editor of Growing for Market magazine, brings you the ultimate guide to getting started with no-till farming.
Yet there are many ways to do no-till, including mulching with compost, cardboard, straw, silage tarps, and more. Plus plenty of conflicting advice on how to get started.
Practical No-Till Farming is here to help, sorting the wheat from the chaff and the horse manure from the plastic mulch. Coverage includes:
- How to assess your farm for no-till options considering climate, soil, and crop selection
- Assessment of common no-till methods, including pros and cons, materials, and the relative costs
- A decision-making matrix for choosing the most appropriate methods for your context
- How-to for each no-till method, including what to do and when
- Dealing with bindweed, symphylans, and other difficult weeds and pests
- Maximizing productivity of no-till beds
- Special coverage of both organic vegetable and flower no-till market farming
Ideal for small-scale growers everywhere, Mefferd brings you the ultimate guide to getting started with no-till farming.