MOTHER EARTH NEWS COLLECTOR SERIES ORGANIC GARDENING, 6TH EDITION
This Mother Earth News Collector Series provides all the knowledge needed to grow your own quick and simple organic garden!
This guide explores techniques and methods for different garden types like training tomato plants with vertical growing, indoor seed starting, setting up a wick system for hands-free efficient watering, and simple-to-grow berries varieties for every region. Learn the benefits of using composted leaves and twigs as fertilizer and other techniques to improve soil health. Learn how to build a garden fence without breaking the bank and round out your food preservation process with freezing tips for off-season meals.
Other articles in this issue include:
- Unpacking Organic - Take a closer look at the meaning and implications behind one of agriculture's most hyped words and how it affects today's gardeners.
- Rig Up a Rainwater Catchment System - Profit from rainy days with a system that'll collect and store your rainwater for future use.
- Homegrown Garden Amendments - Use these amendment strategies throughout your plants' growth to promote healthy development.
- Plant Breeding For Gardeners - Use proper hybridization to preserve the unique traits found in your favorite garden plants.
- Marvelous Mucilage: Okra for All Seasons - For devoted fans of the mucilaginous vegetable, canned and pickled okra brings summer to the table all year.