HOME WORKSHOP BLACKSMITHING FOR BEGINNERS
Author: Andrew Pearce
The ultimate blacksmithing guide!
- Groundwork technique tutorials required to hot-work steel
- Expert guidance on taking heats, finishes, and cutting steel
- Step-by-step projects for making a tapered bar, a prybar, a spring puller, a ring, and more
- Making a forge or, more economically, buying one, and how to build, maintain, and use a suitable fire
- Detailed guidance on the hearth, safety, tools, clothes, and more
Home Workshop Blacksmithing for Beginners provides thorough and detailed overviews of various tools, techniques, and projects for aspiring blacksmiths.
Inside this illustrated, linear guide to the blacksmithing process, you'll learn by doing as you follow expert guidance that will walk you through everything you need to know. With informative sections on safety, taking heats, finishes, making a static hearth, using the hammer, cutting steel on the anvil, and buying a forge, also provided are step-by-step projects for making useful tools from your forge including a Podger and crowbar, forging a large eye, edge bending, and more. Additionally, this complete guide features a tutorial for making your own forge and building, maintaining, and using a suitable fire.
A project-based, skill-building volume that lays out the groundwork techniques you need to know to hot-work steel, this book features concise text presenting simple blacksmithing topics and techniques, as well as individual projects that will produce useful tools for you to use, all with easy-to-follow instructions and coordinating high-quality photography.
The ultimate resource for anyone interested in gaining fundamental metalworking skills, Home Workshop Blacksmithing for Beginners is a must-have book to equip you with the understanding and knowledge you need to succeed!