FOUR-SEASON FOOD GARDENING
Author: Misilla dela Llana
Four-Season Food Gardening hands you all the know-how you need to make growing food 365 days a year your new superpower!
Unlike most other vegetable gardening books on the market, this one approaches the subject through the lens of what you can grow during each of the four seasons, even if you live in a cold climate. Using season-extension techniques, such as cold frames, mini hoop houses, and thick mulches, combined with a thoughtful mixture of annual and perennial crops, you’ll discover that eating from your backyard through all 12 months is possible.
With a hearty dose of enthusiasm and expertise, author Misilla dela Llana of YouTube’s Learn to Grow channel presents this season-by-season guide to growing edible plants, covering everything from what tasks and what crops are best for each harvesting season to step-by-step DIY projects for structures and methods to temper weather extremes. With Four-Season Food Gardening, you can keep on growing, no matter what challenges Mother Nature presents.
Inside, you’ll find info on:
- Veggies you can harvest in the dead of winter
- Foods that come from perennial plants you harvest for many years
- How to build and use cold frames and other season extenders to prolong your harvest
- Tips for incorporating layers of edible plants to maximize space
- Pruning, planting, and maintenance advice for dozens of crops
- Seasonal maintenance and harvesting know-how from a pro
Build a forest of food in your backyard and reap the delicious rewards for years to come!
I like it.
This book is laid out very easily and has applicable ideas that anyone can utilize. Absolutely love it and I use it.