BROADFORK GARDEN TOOL
Members save: $10.00 (4.1%)
A broadfork, also known as a grelinette, is an essential tool for small-scale farming and gardening using a no-till approach to soil preparation. The broadfork lifts and aerates soil without shredding it as a motorized tiller does. Broadforks are also excellent for heavy-duty weeding, and they can be an assist for harvesting root crops.
The CobraHead Broadfork is produced by Structures Co., Inc., of Cambridge, Wisconsin. The design is a joint effort between Noel Valdes of CobraHead and Craig Carpenter of Structures Co. The fork uses a traditional European broadfork design but with a unique tine mounting system where the tines are mounted through the crossbar instead of being welded to the outside of the crossbar. The 5/8" (15.9mm) tines are made of 1045 carbon steel, strong steel with excellent resistance to bending.
- Light Weight: 14 lbs
- Strength: through the crossbar tine mounting – 1045 tine steel
- Round tines: lift soil, unlike flat blade tines
- Easier cleanup than outside mounted or flat tines
- Optimally curved tines: penetrate tough soils
- Ash Handles: great to work with
- Traditional U-design: highly ergonomic
- Overall Height: 57"
- Handle Length: 48"
- Width at widest point: 21"
- Width (outside tine to tine): 17 1/2"
- Tine Length: 9 1/4"
- Tine Diameter: 5/8"
- Weight:14 lbs
Please allow two weeks for delivery. Only available for shipment to continental U.S.A. addresses. This item ships in multiple packages.