SUMMER SQUEEZE LEMON SHANDY EXTRACT BEER RECIPE KIT
Shining with a slightly hazy, golden radiance and topped with fluffy clouds of brilliant white foam, Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy delivers a refreshing slice of summertime in every sip! Like a trip to the corner lemonade stand (with a deliciously grown-up detour), this shandy combines an all-American style wheat beer with a heaping dose of real crystallized lemon. The result is an incredibly refreshing session-strength ale featuring the tang of freshly squeezed lemonade without the sugary sweetness.
Perfect for any outdoor activity, from swimming holes to sandlot pickup games, Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy is a great go-to; whether you’re looking for a fun, easy-going seasonal fling, or a summery brew so refreshing, you’re happy to sip it all year long.
Total time to make: 6 weeks
- Style: American Wheat Beer/Fruit Beer
- Fermentation Range: 59 - 74F
- OG: 1.045
- SRM: 4.5
- IBUs: 14
- ABV: 4.4%
- Aroma: Noticeable wheat-like maltiness with moderate fruity esters and pronounced lemon aroma.
- Appearance: Deep golden straw color with a slight haze. Firm, lasting brilliant white foam cap.
- Flavor: Smooth malt character of freshly baked bread with faint notes of water crackers. Low bitterness is just noticeable, with prominent, refreshingly tart, freshly squeezed lemonade flavors lingering after swallowing.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-low body with moderate creaminess and a slight tartness on the back of the tongue.
- Overall Impression: An easy sipping sessionable ale with well-balanced malt and hop character and a refreshing, lingering lemonade flavor on the finish.
Extracts & Other Fermentables
- 3.15 lbs Pilsen malt syrup
- 3 lbs Wheat DME
Premium Hops & Other Flavorings
- 1 oz Crystal
- 12 grams Crystallized Lemon
Yeast and sugar are not included in the basic kit; to receive yeast and/or sugar with this kit, you must choose an option that includes it.
- Dry Yeast
- 5 oz Priming Sugar
Please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery. Thank you for your patience and understanding.