SIMPLE ART OF EATING WELL
Author: Jessie Price
The Simple Art of Eating Well contains all the basics of healthy cooking — from how to stock your pantry and which kitchen tools you really need to how to choose, cook, and preserve the healthiest, freshest foods. Step-by-step techniques show you healthier ways to cook, including how to oven-fry favorite deep-fried foods like onion rings; how to make a lighter, healthier pie crust; make-at-home tacos, freezer pops, fat-free cookies; and many more.
Recipes have notes and tips on how they were made healthier — for instance, when and how to substitute whole grain for white flour or how to use canola oil in place of butter.
- Step-by-step technique guides with photos
- More than 400 recipes, from soups and salads to main dishes and desserts
- 200 full-color photos throughout
- Quick-cooking guides for seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Kitchen essentials: the best tools and gadgets for your healthy kitchen
- Pantry list: what to stock for a healthy pantry