GUERRILLA GARDENING FOR LONG-TERM SURVIVAL
Author: Fred Demara9368
If you are ordering from the 2023 Mercantile catalog, your discount is already included here! Be sure to take advantage of $10 off your order of $50 or more using the coupon code on your catalog!
Eating local takes on a whole new meaning in a survival scenario. The ability to feed oneself efficiently and discreetly under varying conditions could prove indispensable in a prolonged upheaval (where normal food distribution is halted or seriously disrupted). Gardening of any kind isn’t rocket science. People have been doing it for millennia all across the globe. But you’ll need to learn some specific skills to get macro production in clandestine micro settings. Guerrilla Gardening for Long-Term Survival will teach you all about topics that include:
- Choosing appropriate and compatible crops
- Camouflaging crops with natural and improvised screens
- Maximizing natural barrier plants and pesticides
- Adapting raised-bed, square-foot, tower, and canopy gardening to your site
- Feeding your garden with natural compost and manure
- Growing foods without soil or sunshine
An added bonus of growing your own food is that it is cheaper, fresher, tastier, and as organic as you make it, and your footprint (carbon and otherwise) is greatly minimized. In Fred Demara's revised version of this how-to manual, he gives readers food for thought about starting their own guerrilla gardens.