Author: Greg Judy
If you have six cows or 6,000, you can use high density grazing to create fertile soils, lush pastures, and healthy livestock. Greg Judy, the master of custom grazing, shows how to earn profits with little risk while using other people's livestock on leased land. With grain and fuel prices rising, Judy details how to work with nature without costly inputs, and let the animals be your labor force.
Comeback Farms takes up where Judy's previous book, No Risk Ranching ended. Here, he shows how to add sheep, goats, and pigs to existing cattle operations. He details fencing and water systems that build on existing infrastructure set up for Management-Intensive Grazing. Sharing his firsthand experience (the mistakes as well as successes), Judy takes graziers to the next level. He shows how high density grazing (HDG) on his own farm and those he leases can revitalize hayed-out, scruffy, weedy pastures, and turn them into highly productive grazing landscapes that grow both green grass and greenbacks.
Comeback Farms covers:
- Multispecies grazing
- Developing parasite-resistant hair sheep flocks
- Developing grass-genetic cattle
- Selecting, training, and caring for livestock guardian dogs
- Calving with high stock density grazing
- High density grazing fencing techniques
- Judy's proven favorite fencing equipment
- Diagrams for HDG fencing and paddock moves
- Benefits of high density grazing
- And more