A complete guide to building a wilderness retreat, from buying land and getting services, through developing plans and construction methods. All aspects of construction are clearly illustrated and various designs are explored.
"Clear, practical book ... full-color photos help do-it-yourselfers realize their dreams.” -- Log Homes Illustrated
The best-selling Cabins is back in print, at the same great value of its original price. This authoritative how-to title gives readers all the information they need to build their own cabin, including:
• A useful list of essential questions to consider during the planning process
• Types of cabin construction, such as pole built, stick built, post and beam, stone, cordwood, wood siding, and the advantages of each
• Site preparation, foundations, windows and doors, ladders and stairs, insulation, roofing, electricity, water systems and heating
• Essential information on log cabins
• Cabin designs and their advantages
• Furnishings and accessories
Construction methods are clearly illustrated in meticulous line drawings and precise plans with measurements. Cut-away cross-sections and exploded diagrams give the builder the true perspective and detail needed to obtain the best result, allowing readers to get the most enjoyment out of their newly built wilderness retreat.
Author: David & Jeanie Stiles
Item Number: 11140