Mother Earth News offers expert advice for self-sufficient living in the new and updated seventh edition of Collector Series: Modern Homesteading. This unique guide has over 40 articles covering suburban farming, self-reliance, livestock and poultry, agroforestry, gardening, food and recipes, and more.
Mother Earth News aims to provide information and inspiration to help you live more simply, securely, and sustainably. Packed with timeless tips, beautiful photographs, and helpful charts, this collector series guide has more than enough information to get you thriving with your homestead. Whether you're just starting out or you've lived your whole life with your hands in the soil, you'll find some helpful information to live a modern yet simple life on the homestead.
Selections from the 140-page softcover book include:
- Certified Naturally Grown, A Seal of Approval for Beekeepers and Mushroom Growers: This national standard of excellence for apiaries and fungi farms endorses hives and products free of pesticides and genetic modification.
- Reusable Food Wraps: These eco-friendly fabric food wraps are the bee's knees, and you can choose any color or print you like when you make them yourself.
- 6 Ways to Practice Climate Farming: Turn your garden into a carbon-guzzling, food-growing oasis.
- Naturally Sweet Recipes: Enhance the flavor of the season with these honey and maple syrup dishes.
- Build a Garden Fence on a Budget: Add beauty and functionality to your growing space with a durable wooden fence that won't break the bank.
- Build an Indoor Grow Light Table: Readers share their tips for starting seeds indoors.
- Keep Shetland Sheep: Small, hardy, and colorful, Shetland sheep are a natural choice for shepherds and fiber artists alike.
- Animals on the Farm, A Holistic Approach: Small farmers across the globe are developing creative ways of integrating livestock into their agricultural operations.
- And more!